Monday, 29 December 2014

#21DC - The 21 Day Challenge

Almost 2015! I hope you are as excited as I am! I can't wait to see what God has in store, for me personally, for loved ones, for our nation and the world as a whole.
Am I a little worried? Of course I am! The spiritual and moral health of our society is diminishing by the minute, but as Christians, you and I have a responsibility and that is why I refuse to relax or let my anxiety nullify me.

Ultimately, mankind needs God - without Him, our morality is subjective, our eternity is insecure and selfishness abounds where love should reign. I want to see a revival in Britain, spiritually, morally and socially; and in Tim Timmons' words, that 'revival's got to start with me' - hence I have decided to take Landon Schott's '21 Day Challenge' (#21DC)

video

#21DC is a 21 day Daniel fast, from the 5th to the 25th of January. It is a 'personal challenge' designed to equip us to start the new year right - eyes fixed on Jesus, heart set on worship, determined to pursue His purpose and plan.
Why is this important? I'll let Oswald Chambers answer that...
We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defence. We pray when there's nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all. 
 Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work
A 21DC app has been designed for both iPhones and Androids (it's free, so no excuses!). It has a daily reading plan that'll allow us to complete the New Testament in 21 days, easy to follow Daniel Fast recipes and food guidelines, and a chat-room allowing us to connect with others taking the challenge, around the world.


Read. Fast. Pray.
That's what #21DC is all about!

I want to draw closer to God, taking our relationship to the next level. I want my flickering flame to flare up and consume me, so that I love God to the extent that others see it and want Him too. I want to be a woman after God's own heart, unashamed and unafraid, so that His Spirit works in and through me.

My dear brother and sister in Christ, do you share my passion for a spiritual revival, in ourselves and across our nation?
Let's take this challenge together and see God move in and through us in 2015. Remember, a revival has got to start with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment