Sunday, 22 January 2012

Loving the world and loving You
clinging to both, not letting go
of the very things that hung You to
the Cross that brought me to You.

As I knowingly hurt You more
by indulging in what I should deplore
You persistently speak and intercede for
a sinner who did not appreciate the gore.

Through a sunset You speak loud and clear
to ensure that Your beloved sinner hears
to save me once more from death so near
and reconcile me to hold me dear.

Although I see Your grace complete
my sinful flesh brands me effete
by sliding back into the sin discrete
and spirit and flesh warring in the heat.

Although I've still got work to do
I am prepared to strive for You
looking ahead to that promise of a hope so true
that can only be found in You.

You alone have turned me around
pulled me away from all the sin I'm bound 
At Your mercy's seat You'll have me crowned
a sinner, once lost, now found.

I wrote this poem after being greatly impacted by Paul's writing in Romans 7:14-20

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not to the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do - this I keep doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.


by the song: Undo by Rush of Fools and by a breathtaking sunset, through which God clearly spoke inhibiting me from indulging deeper in a sin and distancing myself from His will for me. This entire experience taught me that God's will, is sometimes what we don't want to hear. As long as we live, our spiritual desires to please God and our sinful flesh will constantly war; however, we have to trust Him, let go of what displeases Him by looking forward for the day we can be with Him, free from the binding of sin.


No comments:

Post a Comment