Saturday, 7 May 2011

Exams - I love them!

I love exams. Although stress heavily builds up and I feel I've got to cry, I still love them! As they're very near, I am going to cut off all distractions (including the internet - except for research), that is not fun, but I still love them. The reason why is because, they make you stronger; they prepare you for what is to come in life. Without these, we will not be able to learn and test ourselves to make sure we'll be able to handle whatever comes our way.
Likewise, spiritual exams are designed for the same reason; in fact, they're a lot more important. God will constantly test us to make us stronger, to help us learn and to prepare us for His kingdom. James unravels this beautifully:


2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1)


Just like I will have to face my exams, we will have to face trials in life, wait a minute, we'll have to face them WITH joy! Why joy? We know for certain that what these trials will produce will be worth it, we will not only be strengthened in our faith but also in our relationship with our Savior. 
Many people think that a Christian life is 'worry-free', but actually it is harder than that. James doesn't say 'if you face', he says 'whenever you face' - there is certainty; it is a definite statement. Although it is hard, God offers a way out:


5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  (James 1)


'Ask and it shall be given to you' - God will not by any means bombard us with too much to handle, he knows just the right amount that'll help us. Even then, if we do find it difficult, it is comforting that we can always ask Him and He will answer.


Pondering on this thought, I wish to face my exams. Although life would be a lot easier without them, I feel its vital they're there to help us grow. 'The horse is made ready for the battle but victory rests with the Lord.' (Proverbs 21:31) With this in mind, let us face our trials and our exams with joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment